When you just can’t wait to get outside during the hot summer months, a simplified beauty routine is in order. Whether you love to surf, hike or just relax on the porch with a glass of wine in hand, the 15 time-saving beauty tips below will have you looking fabulous fast wherever summer takes you.
1. Wear a high-SPF sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection to ward off discoloration, fine lines and skin cancer.
2. Exfoliate from head to toe once a week. Exfoliators lift dead skin cells and dirt, leaving behind skin that looks flawless bare.
3. Load up on berries and leafy greens. While exfoliating takes care of the outside, eating healthy produce brings out your skin’s natural glow from within.
4. Bronze with self-tanning products. Much safer than sunlight, a carefully applied tan in a bottle can look just as good as the real thing.
5. Switch to liquid cheek stain. Unlike the muted finish of powder blush, gel-like cheek stains deliver the kind of punchy pigment that summer deserves.
6. Upgrade to gel nail polish. Like saturated cheek stains, high-gloss gel polishes are ideal for bright summer styles.
7. Let your locks dry naturally. Even the wildest wet tresses can be tamed and prepped with a little styling mousse.
8. Don’t skip your daily moisturizer. Staying on top of hydration will keep your skin healthy and happy through the steamiest of heat waves.
9. Fight sweat stains naturally with a mix of organic coconut powder, coconut oil and baking soda.
10. Grab razors with built-in shaving cream. Yes, they exist, and they can save you a whole lot of time on getting your legs beach ready.
11. Invest in eyelash extensions. They will make your eyes pop without having to mess with mascara.
12. Hide behind a bigger brow. Thicker, all-natural eyebrows are the hottest fashion trend this season, and because they already make a bold statement, you can get away with barely there eye makeup.
13. Spray your hair with lemon juice to get natural-looking highlights for free. If homemade beauty recipes aren’t your cup of tea, you can pick up a lemon-based brightening spray from the local drugstore.
14. Perfect your pout. You don’t need to splurge on risky lip injections to get fuller, more beautiful lips. Lip-plumping gloss creates both volume and shine with no side effects.
15. Keep it simple. Lip gloss and blush goes a long way to keep you looking natural all summer long.
Summertime is a great time to scale back on your beauty routine for a more natural look. Keep in mind these simple summer beauty tips for girls on the go.