Nine great beauty hacks for stay-at-home moms
Today’s moms have a full plate. When you’re taking care of the kids, the house, and the family, you don’t have much time left over for a beauty routine. Learning a few simple, quick beauty tips can do wonders for how you look and feel. Here are nine great beauty hacks for stay-at-home moms.
1. When every minute is essential, you can save both time and counter space with beauty products that multitask. Chubby colored pencils are easy to apply, and you can use them on your eyes, cheeks and lips. Glide them on, and use your finger to blend and soften the color.
2. A hectic schedule can leave you looking tired and washed-out, but a little healthy color on your lips makes a huge difference. Instead of using a lipstick that wears off within an hour, switch to long-lasting lip stain. If you find that it dries out your lips, try new balm-like lip stains that contain softening ingredients like cocoa butter.
3. To illuminate your complexion without the heaviness of traditional foundation, use a tinted moisturizer. It removes a step from your morning routine and helps you look fresh and natural.
4. Styling your hair can seem to take forever, especially when time is short. For a quick, classic look, comb out your hair and pass your straightener through it a few times to tame strays and frizz. Finish with a spritz of hairspray.
5. If you don’t have time for professional manicures, or your nail polish never lasts through your constant hand-washing, give your bare nails a glossy shine using a manicure block.
6. Forget messy mascara. Enjoy waking up with thick, lush lashes every morning by getting eyelash extensions. You’ll only need to make one appointment for lashes that look perfect for weeks.
7. Don’t underestimate the power of great eyebrows. Instead of tweezing, keep them looking neat and polished with an eyebrow comb. It’s an instant fix for unruly brows.
8. Moisturize. Dry skin can make wrinkles more noticeable and make you look worn out and tired. Keep moisturizer on hand and apply it in the morning and evening for younger looking skin.